Esther Martinez Reading Response on The Lovely Bones 809
I read The Lovely Bones in my book club. The book is about a girl named Susie Salmon. Susie in the beginning of the book gets raped and murdered. The book is about how Susie and her family and friends need to accept that Susie is dead.
Mr. Salmon, Susie’s dad has had a suspicion that is true but that had not been proven till later on in the book. When he had gone to Rauna, she had told him to kill him, to kill the man whom he thought had killed his daughter. In some circumstances I do believe in the saying, “an eye for an eye”. In this circumstance I believe in it. Susie was his daughter. Mr. Harvey had taken his daughter away from him; he could never be able to talk to her. He will never be able to hug her or touch her. Mr. Harvey has not only put him in pain but his entire family and everyone who loves Susie. While the police was trying to figure out who had killed Susie, I was getting angry. The proof, for the most part had been gone. The answer was right in front of their faces.
Throughout the entire book there were so many events that were getting me angry. For example when the mom had first started cheating on the father. That is her husband; I think that cheating is wrong. When you marry someone it is because you love them and you promise to be with them through better or through worse. They had both been going through their worse. Ms. Salmon had not been thinking how her actions were affecting her children and her husband. When Ms. Salmon had cheated on her husband, I think that that was a big part of the book. That led to her closure. She needed to realize that she loved her husband and her family, she shouldn’t have left them.
No comments:
Post a Comment